The company was created in December 2012 from a core team of founders with entrepreneurial spirits and cross-functional backgrounds in business, biotechnology, advanced micromachining & microfluidic Lab On Chip (LOC) platform. Their backgrounds and experiences formed the basis for this concept of bringing forth a rapid diagnostic, mobile platform for faster and more accurate diagnosis for time critical and life threatening diseases.
At Sanwa BioTech, we believe that impending changes are coming to the way to conventional clinical diagnostic & academic R&D for bio-discoveries. We aim to become a driving force for these changes to revolutionize healthcare solutions into the future. Sanwa BioTech delivers accurate and actionable information through our disposable Lab-On-Chip (LOC) rapid diagnostic platform, resulting in transformative diagnostic tests for faster clinical decisions and better economic outcomes.
Simplify and improve our health check and clinical diagnostic outcome. With only a single drop of sample, we focus on combating known and unknown, time critical & life threatening diseases outbreak with a mobile, multi-targets diagnostic platform with accurate results in 15 minutes. A rapid response and disposable biochip platform can be used in pets, livestock and humans to promote health monitoring at the HAI (Human Animal Interface) in combating infectious diseases outbreak. This is a surveillance tool for the sentinels, bringing back fast and reliable health screen results during a physician’s visit; we try to save lives in uneventful ways.
In clinical applications, we develop a wide range of rapid diagnostic panels for screening multiple diseases with a single, simple test, including infectious diseases, respiratory, cardiac diseases, renal, liver and sexually transmitted diseases.
For ex-clinical applications, We aim to offer customized solutions on agri-food (animal), pharmaceutical R&D and academic bio-discovery R&D tools and solutions for the detection of specific peptide target, be it pathogenic agent, drug therapeutic target or personalized immune-biomarkers.
William Yim (MA)
Executive Chairman, CTO
William studied electronics and electrical engineering and focuses on advanced laser solutions for aerospace industries, microelectronics, semiconductor, and optoelectronics industries. He has intensive knowledge and experience on electronics assembly technology, micro joining technology, and industrial laser applications for material processing. He is a well-known specialist in electronic product development and manufacturing solutions for electronics, semiconductors, critical components, and other advanced manufacturing industries.
Kelvin Chiu (MPhil, MBA)
Kelvin has extensive experience in advanced biotechnology & operational strategy. He has been involved in multiple international M&A projects and global integrations including the US$700 million acquisition of Next-Gen sequencer company Ion Torrent. He holds a M. Phil. Degree in Molecular Biology from the University of Hong Kong and a MBA degree from Anderson School of Business UCLA with focus in Operational Strategy & Advanced International Management (AIM).This background has given him extensive experience in pre-clinical project management and transition from prototype commercialization through product launch. Kelvin has in-depth knowledge of business models and cultures in APAC.
Isabelle Dutry (PhD)
Focus on virus-host cell interactions, infectious diseases and immunology. Isabelle has 15 years of International Experience abroad, from France to Hong Kong via Cambodia and Vietnam, in the Institute Pasteur International Network and Biotech companies.
Jasey Lam (MSc, BSc)
With over 20 years in developing firmware, software, ASIC and integrated hardware systems, held various design, project management and operation roles in different multinational corporations. He earned a bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and a master’s degree in Electronic and Information Engineering.
Siu Mei Lee
With 19 years of experience in company policy, financial management, sales, marketing and production monitoring. She also has Intensive experience in technological marketing and strategy. She now focuses on administration, financial management, and human resources.
• President, Hong Kong Critical Components Manufacturers Association
• Deputy Chairman, Federation of Innovative Technologies and Manufacturing Industries
• Deputy Chairman, Hong Kong Electronics and Technologies Association
• Vice President, Hong Kong Opto-mechatronics Industries Association
• Vice Chairman, Hong Kong Brand Protection Alliance
• Advisory Committee Member, Electronics and Electrical Appliance, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
• Vice President and Service Chair of Rotary Club of Tai Po, District 3450 Awards
• 2013 Governor Award for the industry
• 4 invention patents, 60 other patents
Mr Ying Tze-wah, Joey (MSc)
• BSc (CUHK, Bio/Biochem), MSc (AIT, Environmental Engineering)
• President, ECCO Engineering Co Ltd
• President, Beijing Envirotec Co Ltd
• Former Managing Director, Veolia Water Systems China Ltd
• Former Managing Director, USFilter China Ltd
• Delegate of Tianjin Municipal Committee, The Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference
Kelvin Chiu (MPhil, MBA)
• Background in Molecular Biology, International Business Management & Operational Strategy.
• Pathology & Genome Core R&D Manager for Children Hospital at Los Angeles (CHLA).
• M&A APAC integrations for Life Technologies (Acquired by Thermo Fisher Scientific).
• 6 M biotech companies M&A integrations & commercial launch in APAC (>US$700 mil) including Ion Torrent, GenArts, etc.
• MBA at UCLA Anderson School of Business, M. Phil of Molecular Biology at The University of Hong Kong.
Ming-Yam Wong (BBS, JP)
• Directors of several technology companies
• Honorary Chairman, Hong Kong Electronics and Technologies Association
• Chairman of the Board, Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI)
• Former Board of Director, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks
• Former Senior Vice President, Royal Philips Electronics
Prof Thomas Geßner, Chemnitz, Germany
Director Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems (ENAS).
Prof Thomas Otto, Chemnitz, Germany
Deputy Director of Fraunhofer ENAS and Head of Department of Multi Device Integration.
Dr Jörg Nestler, Chemnitz, Germany
Managing Director of Bi-Flow systems - Fraunhofer ENAS Multi Device Integration, Fluidic Integration and System Technologies.
Prof Ho Pui, Aaron Ho, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
B.Eng, PhD (Nottingham), CEng, CPhys, MIEEE, MSPIE, MOSA
Prof Weijia Wen, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Director of Joint KAUST-HKUST Micro/Nano-Fluidics Laboratory, Department of Physics.
Prof K.L. Yung, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Professor and Associate Head, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering.
Sanwa Biotech intends to promote a rapid and accurate point of care diagnostic assay based on peptide detection on a LOC platform. We are looking for creative, interested individuals to join our multidisciplinary team. For questions regarding employment please contact email@example.com
Sanwa Biotech is a start-up that intends to promote a rapid and accurate point of care diagnostic assay based on peptide detection on a LOC platform. If you are an Accredited Investor interested in investing in our start-up, please contact us using our contact form.
Thank you for considering Sanwa BioTech as a potential portfolio investment.